Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Spring Sprint

I (Kirk) am going to be participating in the 2012 Sprint Sprint in Saskatoon in support of the Brain Tumour Foundation. The Brain Tumour Foundation has been a wonderful support to us these past two years - they have excellent handbooks for brain tumour patients and families, and the support group in Saskatoon is fantastic - so we'd like to be able to give back to them. This is the same event that Kol gave a speech at last year, and had so much fun running with some friends from the Foundation.

If you'd like to, you can donate online to pledge me - I plan to walk (definitely not run!) at least the 2.5km, and depending on how much it's raining, I may even do the full 5km. I know many have already donated to the Brain Tumour Foundation in Kol's memory, and this is very last minute, but thank you for any support you can give. If you're in Outlook or Saskatoon and would rather not use the online donation system, please give me a call and we'll see what we can work out.

P.S. - now that we're back from our family getaway at Christopher Lake, we've got some more blog posts coming over the next couple days. I guess we missed blogging!

1 comment:

  1. Kirk how wonderful of you to participate in the run...of course my family will be sponsering you. I will drop it by today sometime...not sure when cuz of grad but hopefully this morning.

    ReplyDelete